Thursday, August 23, 2007

Paris day I

We woke up in the morning and started out to explore Paris. The first place we went to was the Louvre. This is the most famous museum in Paris and I know it from the Da Vinci Code. Going into the museum is cool....it is SO big. The building is really old but to get into it, you have to go into the Courtyard of the building and then go down under the ground. To get down under the ground you go into this glass pyramid thing.....it was cool.


Right when we got in we got some breakfast at the cafe...the food there is good...then we went in and looked at the works of art. I really like it in there. There were tons of sculptures that we saw first....and I thought they were amazing. To be able to make a human look so....human, I don't think I could do it.

After a while though, we got some food again because we were tired of all the rude French people. That is one difficult thing about Paris, the people are pushy and not very friendly. After the tasty snack we went and looked at the Mona Lisa which I had really wanted to see. There were SO many people who also wanted to see it. It's difficult to get up to the front to see it, but cool that I got to see it, even if I had to push through the crowd to do it.

Once we were done there we went out to take Twiga for a walk and get a drink for us. We walked until we found a cafe to sit outside at. It was cold and rainy today, so the family got some hot tea....but I stuck with my coke. We were sitting outside under the canopy and it started to rain. After the downpour we walked up by the Notredame cathedral and then took Twiga back to the car. Then we...I mean the parental things I live with...went shopping...can you tell i love to shop with them. Finally, for dinner we stopped at a crepery and got some Crepes...those are good. I get crepes with jambone and fromage (that's ham and cheese for you non-French speakers out there). We figured that it had been a pretty full day at that point, so we headed back for the hotel, so we could rest up for another big day of exploring Paris tomorrow.

No comments: