Saturday, August 4, 2007

Gridlock sucks....Even in Europe!



We left the hotel early today, fumbled around at the gas station trying to figure out (in German) whether to pump first or pay first. Finally, all dieseled up and ready to go, we headed out for our quick 4 hour ride to Copenhagen.....

....oh, did I mention that there is traffic, even on the audoban?? So, the day which was supposed to be spent getting an overview of Copenhagen, Denmark was spent....in the car!

We finally made it to Denmark, and to our hotel, and got checked in for the night. We then headed out to spend the night at Tivoli, a really large amusement park in the center of downtown Copenhagen. The park is really fun (filled with amusement rides and food, almost NO SHOPS!!!) and it stays open till about 2am. When we got in the park, I got rid of the parental units and while they ate, I rode! The only problem with the park is that the lines are pretty long. I feel like I spent my entire day in lines....first in a line of cars and then in line to ride. Oh well....it was still fun!

1 comment:

Granddad said...

sounds like you are going to have a great time. Except for the shopping