Friday, August 3, 2007

Off to Germany


Today we started on our road trip to Scandinavia. My Aunt had to work and then after work, go pick up our rental car and then we all loaded in (My Grandmother, my Aunt, Twiga and I) and headed North. Since we started late, we only plan to get as far as Germany tonight and then start into Scandinavia tomorrow. The landscape was mainly farm land and pretty flat (so I fell asleep). Once we crossed the border into Germany the landscape was still flat, but my Aunt and I did have a fun time with the road signs. We particularly like the road sign labeled, "Ausfaurt". I'll leave our comments to your imagination. ;-)

We headed for Hamburg where we found our hotel and then went in search of some food. We drove down to the waterfront in search of German fare and I figured out that I LOVE German food....which consists of a lot of meat. Though we were in Hamburg, I chose not to eat a hamburger and instead had polish sausage and schnitzel. We also had some German beer (which I liked a lot more than the Dutch stuff). Tonight, I am headed to bed and tomorrow we head into Scandinavia where the real vacation will begin.

No comments: