Friday, August 10, 2007

A Little Fishy






We spent today at the fish market in Bergen. I had more fun lookig through the stores and standes around the fish markit then in the fish market itself. I founed a really cool belt and a new wallet the first time through. We stopped for lunch down at the harbor and my family ate fish. Since I don't like fish, I ate two miny bagets. SO filling...not!!!

After lunch, we finished our shopping in Bergen (I bought a belt and a wallet) and then headed out to the old city of Bergen. It's like the folk museum that we visited in Oslo....I guess each city in Scandinavia has some form of it. Anyway....we went to it but there really wasn't much to see. I had a headache and we were all thirsty but nothing was open there. So, we weren't there for long, before we headed back to the B&B we were staying at.













I was slightly bummed out because the B&B had a boat that we were supposed to get to take out on the fjord, but they had just recently moved it and so it wasn't able to be used. Instead we sat outside and had a picnic for dinner overlooking the fjord and it was pretty fun (despite the fact that I think I've been with my family every second since the moment I arrived here and its getting a little old). But, it was pretty fun, and we decided to have an early night tonight because we are planning to be out very early tomorrow so that we can try to make it onto a boat on the fjord tomorrow. Wish us luck!!

No comments: