Monday, August 6, 2007

A Day in Oslo








When I woke up and got ready to go, the family headed down to breakfast (a very good part about bed and breakfasts). I had ham and cereal. Then we headed out to the Folk Life Museum, which was really interesting and surrounded by trees. The museum had old wooden sod roofed houses and barns, and an old stave church and animals. In the "village" there were people dressed like they would be at that time period playing violin and singing. My grandmother really wanted to do this rope dance, so we all danced with the village people. It was kind of weird, but it made her happy, and I figured I would never see any of those people again anyway....why am I telling you about this??





From there we headed to the viking ship museum. It was so cool. It had old ships and sleds that that vikings used. I took a ton of pictures.




After that we went into Oslo, and once again my family...shopped!




After they got some shopping out of their system, we headed for the Resistance museum and the fortress on the hill overlooking the Oslo harbor. I have to admit....it was cool and all, but I was exhausted. My Aunt kept making me read the exhibits and asking me about stuff, but I was really tired. I did learn that there was a large Norwegian resistance movement during the Nazi occupation of Norway during WWII.



Well, you would think that that was a pretty full day. But, no....my family wanted to do more. So, we headed to Vigeland Sculpture Park. Vigeland was this sculpture dude who made sculptures throughout the whole park and dedicated them to the city of Oslo. They are all of people and they are really cool....and it was such a nice day that the entire city of Oslo seemed to be in the park. Even, as tired as I was, I had fun there.


After that, we headed back to the B&B. The rest of the family went out for dinner down at the harbor but I stayed in with Twiga. (I do NOT like seafood). Anyway, I was tired, and tomorrow is another day....

No comments: