Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Dutch....a special breed

I have now been in the Netherlands for over a week and have noticed some weird things.

For example i have seen people wear Orange pants. Why would you were Orange pants?

The language is also a little weird and sounds very...interesting. I have learned a few words:
Donkuvell - means thank you, Bedankt - means thanks.

One positive thing I've noticed - the public transportation system is really good here which makes life easier. We take the train, the bus and the tram....and we can go almost anywhere.

People ride bikes here a lot! My Aunt is supposed to be supplying me with one, but so far she has not produced one. I think there should be a letter writing campaign - "Free Chris" in order to get me some wheels!

Oh, and the toilets....I'll save those for another day, but needless to say...well, there is a lot to say.

2 comments:

bradi said...

Enjoying your blog! Sounds like a fantastic time. I'm incredibly jealous! I've heard stories of the Dutch but I think I might be decidedly pro-orange pants. Sorry. Hi to your aunt from me. Still jealous.

Granddad said...

I am glad your are having a good time.