Tuesday, August 28, 2007

IKEA!!!!

I was actually woken up this morning by Twiga digging at my head like she was digging a hole in it. That hurt a lot.

The past two days have generally been spent with me walking around while my bestemom sits at home or reading. I have a book that I've started to read in anticipation of school starting. It is from the Anne Frank house and is written by this woman Miep who helped to hide Anne Frank and her family. It's actually kind of interesting.

The best thing about the past few days is that when my aunt gets home we (my aunt, grandmother, and i) all go to IKEA and look around then eat there for dinner. mmmm....meatballs!

I have been spending the rest of the time trying to get some friends. It's not easy here. The Dutch aren't very friendly, and I don't want to hang out with family 24/7....something has got to give! I have been talking to a kid named Christian on MSN messenger. His Mom works with my Aunt at the Court so maybe we'll hang out and do something sometime. He's really into video games, and has a big tv and a ton of gaming stuff. We'll see....life in Europe has its ups and downs. It's so fun to travel and see everything here, but it's kind of hard to move here for a while and not know anyone.

1 comment:

Granddad said...

It does sound like you are having a great time (except the shopping part)