Sunday, September 16, 2007

This Weekend

This weekend was really fun, We stayed in The Hague for the weekend and just hung out. That was nice because we haven't really done that since I arrived.


On Saturday morning we woke up and went to the farmer's market near my Aunt's house. She buys most of her food for the week here so we rode our bikes there and shopped. There is a lot of fresh produce and vegetables and chicken and bread and cheese. After that, I got to go to the bookstore in the downtown with my Aunt and her friend Eleni for coffee and breakfast. They talk so much that after a while I was really bored, so I got to leave them there talking and walk around on my own for about an hour...but I had fun so it's ok. The best thing that happened was riding the bike with my Aunt to the book store and back because she can't ride a bike well at all. It's funny to watch but hard to ride with her.


Once we got home we cleaned the house. On Sunday we biked to a church that is supposed to have a good youth group (no I'm not cheating on my youth group at St. Mathews) but they only meet every other Friday but they do things during the week so I might do that some time next week. Then we went to my Aunt's friend's house for a birthday party. The party was OK but the best part was the BBQ at the end. I got to cook and the food was so good. I ate a LOT...chicken kebabs are about the best invention in the whole universe!

1 comment:

Bestemom said...

I want to go bike riding too. My bike is all ready but now I think people will laugh if I try to ride it (you and Aunt Tudy laughed) so I don't, but if I were there I could ride a bike because everyone rides there. Plus I miss you guys and it was really fun being there. Now that I'm home, you'll have to have fun for you and fun for me too. XO