Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bye Bye Bestemom

Saturday was a sad day because we were driving my Bestemom to Frankfurt to send her on a plane back to the States the next day, but we still managed to have fun while trying to find the hotel. Naturally I sat in the car while the family went in to check in and up to the room really fast. They said the room was big but I didn't really believe them fully. Then we went to this authentic German restaurant and got what we thought was going to be just a small meal. It ended up with me eating some of my Bestemoms because she couldn't finish hers...I LOVE FOOD IN GERMANY!!! (I cannot stress this point enough).

After dinner we went back to the hotel and I found out that they weren't kidding about the size of the room, it was as big as the living room at my Aunt's house if not bigger...I liked it.

The next day was really sad because we took my Bestemom to the airport and she was sad which made it even worse. We got her through the lines and the security checkpoint and then headed out on our way back to Holland. Even though we were both bummed out, my Aunt was very very sad, and I felt bad for her...she kept tearing up all day. I guess it's kind of hard to live in Europe when your family is so far away and you don't get to see them very much.

Then it was just us heading back to my Aunt's house...well Twiga was there too. We went to this church we had seen on the way up...it was so cool looking and it looked like a castle from the Autobon. Tomorrow we start our regular routine and I have to start working on my school work...summer is officially OVER ;(

No comments: