Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cinco de Mayo en Ocho de Mayo

On the 8Th of may we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a party at my aunts house. It wasn't a really crazy party it was more of a stand around talk and get drunk and eat snacks. We got a bunch of alcohol to make margaritas and then some beer. For food we got 3 bags of chips and then I made Quesadillas and we had bean dip and my aunt made her guacamole. Once most the people got there I stayed more to the kitchen to make the food because people were eating it so fast but when I was out with the people I talked to a few people. I thought it went well and I had a lot of fun cooking the Quesadillas, and eating some too, and helping where I could. I talked with Shamims intern the most though and she seemed really nice. I also thought my Aunt's friend Natasha was pretty funny....she seems like this really serious feminist lawyer, and so you would never expect that she is a MAJOR Nascar fan. Guess you really should never judge a book by its cover. It was also strange to see the crowd that is at a party organized by my Aunt....people from Africa and Australia and both North and South America and all over Europe....so many different people from different places....it's pretty cool to be in a group where everyone is so different.

1 comment:

bradi said...

I'm glad to see you're back in Europe. Also very jealous! The party sounds like fun. I love Cinco de Mayo probably from all the years of living in the Southwest. Tell your aunt I said hi! And keep blogging so I can learn all about the places you go.