Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back In Europe and off to Berlin

So I have been in Europe for a total of 7 days and yet I have been having a lot of fun. Right when I got here I met up with my aunt at the airport and we went back to the house to drop off my big bag and pick up Eleni then headed to Berlin. We ended up leaving late so we didn't get to Berlin till about 1 in the morning. I slept most of the ride there so it didn't bug me too much. The next day we meet up with my aunt’s friend Robert and his girlfriend for a little tour of the city. The city is so big and fun with a lot of cool things to see and do. We started the day off with a really good breakfast at the hotel then went over to Roberts house where we had another breakfast. I didn't really eat anything at their house because I had eaten so much at the hotel. After they were done eating we went to the train station by there house and went to the city center where we met up with Eleni for a little and walked around the city looking at shops. One of the shops was a shop that sold Ampelmann which are the old stop and go signals for the crosswalk. The shop had a lot of cool things like bags and balls, pins and pens, and even more. The first time I went in I only got a pin because I didn't really know what to get so my really cool aunt said that we would go back later and look again. Shortly after that shop Eleni had to go because her other brother was coming to stay with the brother that lived in Berlin. (Elaine was staying with the brother that lived in Berlin too.) After she left we continued looking around at the cool buildings. After a long time of looking at different buildings we got to Checkpoint Charlie. (The checkpoint got the name Charlie from the communication code "Alfa Bravo Charlie") Robert and Katharina were really great tourguides of their city. It was really cool to see the checkpoint but I think my aunts favorite part was when we got Starbucks right after. From there we all took the train back to Roberts house and then met up with Eleni for dinner...pizza.....yum!

No comments: