Monday, December 17, 2007

My last week in Holland

Well its my last week in Holland/Europe. (at least for now...I might come back and live with my Aunt again).

It was very hectic because we had to clean the house (have I mentioned that my Aunt is a clean FREAK), make a LOT of Twiga food, pack, and work (well only my Aunt actually had to work).

Tuesday I had to go to a hearing at my Aunt's work. Part way through the hearing the security came over to me and told me to stay awake and I said "OK" because what else was I supposed to do, but I was very confused about why he said that because I was staying awake. I was also very scared that my Aunt would KILL me after the hearing. She sits in the courtroom and here is bullet proof glass that separates the people in the courtroom from the observers in the gallery....but the Courtroom looks out onto the public gallery, so she sees everything that I do.

After the hearing my Aunt told me to go home so I did and right when I got there I e-mailed and said that "I am going to do my work" because i thought that this would help calm her down if she was mad at me but when she got home she wasn't mad at all, so I was scared for no reason.

On Wednesday I started doing Twiga food but then lost track of time and cooked it for 5 hours so I ended up with a free day watching TV, until my Aunt got home and I was sitting in the same place the couch watching TV as when she left me. She was SO mad at me I thought she might kill me for doing that. She yelled a LOT, and told me how much work we needed to get done before we left to go home and how hard she was working at work that week and how irresponsible I was, etc. etc. etc. I mean, she was right, but I was a little surprised she got THAT mad. We did need to cook 4 more batches of food for Twiga for the week, so that meant that the next few days were nothing but cooking food for Twiga.

On Wednesday night we had to go to Judge Blattmann's house (my Aunt's boss) for dinner in celebration of my Aunt signing her new contract at work. I was worried that I wouldn't like the dinner because it was cheese fondue but I really did so it ended up working really well. Judge Blattmann's wife is swiss so she brought back the swiss cheese to make the fondue with and it was really really good. It was pretty interesting to have dinner with them, Judge Blattmann told me about his days as the Minister of Justice in his home country of Bolivia and he told me about the time when he started to run for President in Bolivia (he pulled out part way through the campaign).

The next day I had to go to the store to get more Twiga food so I could keep cooking. I ended up spending most the day cooking and cleaning a little. Thursday night was a BIG night in my life. I told my Aunt that I would give her complete power over my next haircut, and that she could choose what to do with it. She looked on line for a perfect hair cut with her friends, and Josy picked out the winning haircut. My Aunt took me into the city to the Aveda spa and I got my haircut and then after the haircut we met up with Pilar and went for one last sushi dinner (as usual, I did NOT eat the sushi!!) As I sat in that chair in Aveda and watched all my long hair getting cut off, I was VERY nervous. But, my Aunt did ok....its actually a pretty good haircut! You will have to wait until I get the photos developed to see my new haircut. But, I will post it soon!

Friday was my last day in The Hague. I went to youth group. The youth group was having a Christmas party so we were playing games and talking and just having fun but I had to leave to finish packing so I didn't really get to say goodbye so I am sending an e-mail to them after I write this and saying good bye like that. It was a fun way to end my last day. After that, I headed home.....finished packing and went to sleep because we had to be up pretty early to head to the airport for our flight home for the holidays. I can't believe my first time living abroad is almost over!!

No comments: