Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Decorating the Christmas Tree

On Friday night my Aunt and I went over to Josy's house and helped put up the Christmas tree. We got there at about 8 and started to help by fluffing up the branches. I will add that my Aunt actually helped this year which she never does at home. I was actually pretty impressed, though of course, her main priority was the glass of wine in her hand.



Once the fluffing of the tree was done and looked like it could be tree we started putting up the lights. The lights here seem too hard if you ask me they are a big loop that only has a plug so you cant plug them into each other so then you need an extention cord and when you are puting them on and it's difficult to do the two diffrent parts at once.

After that was over we started puting up the garland and then the decorations with the help of Julianne. She is 2 and a half and did a great job helping out. She helped me put up the star or at least watched as I put it up and smiled the whole time. She was having a really good time hiding things that she didn't know where to put on the tree then we brought out the fake snow! We started putting it up and by the end it looked like a really good Christmas tree.

Then I learned something very important about Josy. She is just a little over happy about Christmas. This became very apparant when she got out the advent calendars and the Christmas card string so she can hang her Christmas cards on it. After we finished the decorating, we listened to the Christmas music and sat and talked. All around it was a really fun night and we got to experience a little Christmas decorating even though we weren't home for it this year.

No comments: