Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Dutch Weather

I know that when I started this blog I said something about the weather but now that I have been here for a lot longer, I can give you a better understanding of how bad the weather really is.

As I am writing this it is raining outside and is very cold which is how it is almost all the time. The few times the sun is out even if it is 5 degrees everyone is outside because it is "nice weather" but I used to think that they were all dumb that really it was incredibly cold and miserable.

Sadly, I may be becoming Dutch! Now, when we see the sun out we get very excited and put on our heavy coats and head outdoors because it is "nice weather". It also gets really windy here and there have been small lightning storms at night a few nights ago. So really all I have been able to tell you is that it is worse then when I got here. And, I thought it was pretty bad then! My Aunt tells me that it gets even worse than what I am experiencing now. I find that pretty hard to believe. In fact, its such bad weather now that I am the one who doesn't want to ride a bike now because when I do it is SO cold that I think my hands and face will freeze right off!!

California here I come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I think someone should buy me a car over here! I can't stand biking and walking around in this weather.

bradi said...

Sounds like Portland! Everyone goes nuts when it a little sunny. Suddenly we're all biking and walking and riding everywhere. And the restaurants open everything up and put their tables outside. But the next day it will be gray and rainy again. By February, everyone is ready to hop a flight to anywhere sunny. But it makes it all worthwhile in the spring and summer--it's so beautiful and green.

bradi said...

Oh yeah, you've been tagged. Check my blog and then tell me a couple of things about yourself!