Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Aunt Left

Sadly my Aunt left yesterday so now I am stuck with my Bestemom till I go back to Europe. (I hope she'll be really nice to me...hint, hint). I helped my Aunt go to the airport yesterday because A) she had a lot of stuff in her bags so they were pretty heavy and B) because its my Aunt and she is so cool that I had to see her off.

When we got there my Aunt didn't have a ticket with her because she had switched flights so we had to stand in a lllllooooonnnnnggggg line and when we were close to the last turn we had to make it that line the stupid United Airline worker told us to go to the other side because it was "faster" but when we got to that side they had one person working it and like 20 people in line. I guarantee, it was NOT faster.

Half an hour after we had gotten in the second line we had barely moved at all but the guy that was behind us in the FIRST line was done and walking to the gate and then half an hour later we got to the counter. From there, they sent my Aunt to yet ANOTHER line and then finally, it took another 15 to 20 minutes to get all the stuff like the ticket and checking the bags.

By then we had been there for about two hours which was nice to spend with my Aunt but not great to spend in the lines at the airport. I definitely would have preferred a nice conversation over a mexi melt at Taco Bell.

Then we walked my Aunt to the gate and couldn't go any further so we said goodbye and then left.

This morning she called and said she was home but the airport had lost one of the bags that she was taking with her so it seems that her flight sucked. All in all Twiga is happy to see her but we miss her here.

No comments: