Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Amsterdam

Last weekend I went into Amsterdam with my aunt. It was the first time I had been into Amsterdam since I had been back in the Netherlands. On the way in we stopped at Schipole airport because we wanted Starbucks and that is the only place to get it in Den Haag. After our morning Starbucks break, we got back on the train and headed to Amsterdam Central Station. Once in Amsterdam we had to decide where to go first. I hadn’t been able to go to the Van Gogh museum last time I was living in The Netherlands because we somehow never made it to that museum, and I really wanted to so we walked over to it. I thought that the museum was really good, though I wished it had even more art from Van Gogh as he is a favorite artist of mine. It was really cool to see how he progressed in his art, till he killed himself because he felt his art was starting to be bad. I think his art was best in the end of the middle and then at the end. It’s a shame we couldn’t take pictures of some of them. After that we went to the Hard Rock café for lunch. It was really cool to be there and I even got 2 shot glasses from there, after having a Lemon Drop shot ;-). After a nice yummy lunch we went back to the flower market that we had walked by on the way to the Van Gogh museum and bought a pot plant. So, now I can officially say that I have grown pot. I haven’t yet smoked it, but I’m growing it….hmmmm…. Then on the way back home, we stopped again at the airport for more Starbucks. (ya we are a little weird…but you try being deprived of the things you love in a foreign country for a long time, and you might change your tune). When we got home, we immediately planted the seeds for the pot plant….I’ll keep you updated on its status.

No comments: